This means 12 cases have tested positive in Enugu State, 2 have been discharged and now 10 are currently positive and on treatment.
This new case is from Ebonyi State who is married and living in Enugu. She had been in Kano for the past two months and then returned on the 4th of May 2020.
Her sample was taken as the State Ministry of Health was alerted about her and the result came out on the 12th of May.
Thus far all cases reported in Enugu State have had positive travel history.
All efforts to stem the influx of persons who are not on essential services through our borders are welcome and encouraged.
The Enugu State Ministry of Health continues to recommend to the good people of Enugu State, the following:
- Stay at home as much as you can.
- Use a clean cloth mask daily if you have to go out
- Do not touch the front of the mask while wearing it
- Remove your mask only from both ears at the same time
- Wash your cloth mask, dry and iron it everyday
- Maintain respiratory hygiene when you have to cough or sneeze
- Maintain social/physical distancing always
- Wash your hands as often as you can with soap and running water
- When you can’t wash your hands use an alcohol based hand sanitizer frequently
Call these numbers if you think you may have or know someone who may have Covid-19 symptoms, 08182555550 or 09022333833, or the NCDC number 080097000010
If I do these, I protect you and if you do these, you protect me.
Obi Emmanuel Ikechukwu
Commissioner Health, Enugu State.